- using this website;
- accessing, requesting information on, enquiring about, or providing feedback in relation to, FJA's operations, services or projects (online, in writing, by telephone or in person); or
- otherwise providing personal information to FJA, its officers, agents or employees
after this Policy has been brought to your attention, you acknowledge and consent to the use, collection, storage or disclosure of your personal information by us in accordance with this Policy and the Privacy Act.
If you do not agree to us handling your personal information in the manner set out in this Policy you must immediately cease to access this website, our operations, services and projects and you should not provide us with any of your personal information.
However, if you choose not to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to answer your query, provide any information or otherwise effectively address any matter you raise with us.
What is personal information?
We follow the definition of personal information given in the Privacy Act.
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What kinds of personal information might we collect and hold?
We may collect (and hold) different personal information about you depending on how you interact with us. This information may vary depending on the specific needs of FJA, however, it may include:
- your name, address and phone number;
- your email address;
- demographic information;
- comments and feedback;
- queries, complaints, or enquiries;
- messages, emails, voicemail and other correspondence;
- responses to surveys;
- you interaction with our websites or our officers, agents, employees or contractors;
- what computer configurations and software you use;
- your employment;
- your business history with us;
- your business or associated companies or entities;
- your preferences;
- the frequency of your enquiries;
- your location;
- how and when you use our services; and
- any information regarding your dealings with us.
If you are a contractor, we may collection personal information about your working history with us.
If you are a customer, we may collect personal information about your relationship with FJA.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information:
- directly from you (when we contact you, when you contact us, when you visit us or when we visit you); and
- from third parties who you have authorised to provide us with information.
How do we hold and secure your personal information?
We store your personal information in hard copy format and digitally, on site or with a third party storage provider.
FJA uses commercially reasonable safeguards to store and protect any information transmitted through its websites. However, because information transmitted through the internet is never completely secure, we cannot guarantee or warrant the absolute security of any information you communicate to Durkin. In the event any personal information is compromised, we will take all reasonable steps to investigate and, where necessary, inform any individual whose information may have been compromised.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
FJA may collect personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- providing you with products or services;
- providing you with information about our operations, services or projects;
- developing or refining operations or services;
- internal business purposes;
- providing you with marketing or other communications materials;
- contacting you in relation to our business or project activities;
- better understanding our clients, customers and stakeholders;
- tailoring our services and operations; and
- corporate governance, auditing and record keeping.
Our use of personal information may extend beyond these uses, but will be restricted to purposes that we consider to be related to our functions and activities.
What do we do with your personal information?
If we collect personal information from you, we may:
- use that information for any of the purposes outlined in this Policy;
- store that information in accordance with this Policy;
- pass that information amongst entities we work with;
- pass that information to third parties who provide products or services to us (including accountants, auditors, lawyers, IT contractors, design and construction contractors, and other service providers); or
- provide that information to third parties as required by law.
Does this Policy ever change?
What happens if you have a question or complain about how we have handled your personal information?
Calling: 02 9063 1429
Sending a letter: 300/118 Christie Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065
We take all complaints seriously and will respond to you within a reasonable period of time, unless we consider your complaint to be frivilous or vexatious or if we are unable to verify your identity.